Long overdue in my absence – End of Term 3

Hi Everyone!

I’m back following my competition overseas in Lausanne at the World Triathlon Age Group Championships. This was a phenomenal experience racing against the best in the World on an amazing stage after a hard year of training in the lead up. I had a great race; coming out the water in 27th position, moving into 8th position after the bike and then finishing with wobbly legs in 6th after the run.

Whilst away I also incorporated time in the Uk with family (meeting my little niece for the first time) and some more leisurely non activewear time in Spain after (where I got engaged). Thank you ALL for such a lovely welcome back. I’ve had so many people come up and speak to me about the race and really make me so appreciated and apart of a family at Ripponlea.

So, thats enough updates about me, because it’s also been an action packed term and especially the end since my return.

Whilst I was away, students in F-2 had an athletics focus in preparation of their athletics carnival and grades 3-6 continued with their net/wall game sense. We had students attend District Athletics where we finished our highest position over the past few years and 7 students went onto Divisions. One student has also gone onto qualify for the Regionals and will compete in the Long Jump! Amazing achievement. I thank Miss Zoe, who kept this all happening whilst I was away.

Then in the last week we had heaps of action and fun:

1. F-2 Athletics Carnival – students showcased their throwing, running and jumping in 6 different activities which were organised and lead by our House Captains. They did a fantastic job and it’s great to see their leadership skills continue to develop and I love coming back to students who I can rely on and support P.E so much. Thank you to all the parent community who can along also, we loved having you there and this is such a great experience for our students. Loch were our winning House!

2. Gymnastics 3-6: Our students had 4 days with gymnastics 4 hire developing their rotations, statics, locomotion and landings. We went from basics to handsprings and somersaulting over vaults. Love this opportunity for students and they did too! I have shared some class footage to seesaw.

3. Colour Run: Oh my the last day of term and the last few hours of the day, all students who were here took part in this fun event. We had an inflatable tunnel, obstacles, colour powder paint and water! You can imagine what was then in store! At this stage, I only have a few images from the ipad, but will upload some properly when I transfer these across. Thank you to all the parents who came along to support, those that helped set up, and those families that fundraised and have helped contribute towards the development of our sporting facilities! Can’t wait for what we can do….

The planning has now commenced for Term 4 and again it’s non stop.

• Grades 3-6 Swimming Carnival
  • Grades 5/6 Lifesaving day
  • Grades 3/4 Swimming Programme
  • Grades 5/6 Inter-school sport
  • Grades 3-6 AFLW St Kilda talk
  • Grades F-2 Striking and Bouncing
  • Grades 3-6 Target game sense, create a game and striking and fielding
  • Grade 3/4 SEPEP European Handball
  • Jo Presents at the National P.E Teaching conference showcasing Ripponlea P.E

Have a great holiday break everyone and I look forward to a great end of term.

Jo